Thursday, November 25, 2010

hand held metal detectors

There are several models and manufacturer of hand held metal detectors. The features, prices is also different from other brand.

Security checkpoints are not complete without today's invaluable hand-held metal detectors. Garrett hand-held metal detectors offer an effective and affordable means for locating potentially harmful metallic weapons. Price range from $100 - $199.95

Enforcer G-2 Metal Detector - ONLY $119.00
- Single 9 volt battery provides up to 120 hours of normal operation. Optional NiMH rechargeable battery provides up to 35 hours on each 12-hour recharge.

The PD140 Portable Metal Detector is a device designed to detect metal objects or masses carried by people. It can be used for detecting small pieces of metal on people. The special shape of the sensitive surface makes operation of the device easy, unlike portable metal detectors with ring transducers.

American Hawks Hand Held Metal Detector with Red LED Alert and Audio Alert

The High Performance Hand Held Metal Detector is the upgraded version of our most popular HP-1001. This model comes with a round search coil for easier search. It was upgraded with Adjustable Sensitivity.  Similar to our HP1001 model, this metal detector comes with 100% money back guarantee.

If you find any problem within one year, send it back to us, we will send you a new one or issue full refund. Operating frequency : 22.5 kHz Use to find studs inside a wall, by detecting the drywall nails. Can be used in tight spaces where metal objects may exist.

No calibrating or guessing as it pinpoints metal instantly with visual or audio signals. Works on all types of woods and particle board. Detects nails and screws, staples and other metal objects.

Comments from user of American Hawks Hand Held Metal Detector:

scanned over 100 BF of salvaged lumber and pulled out a lot of nails and bits of metal. the only problem is that sometimes its hard to narrow down exactly were the pieces were if they were buried. i found that if i held a powerful magnet in my fingertips and ran it over the area i had narrowed it down to, that i could feel the pull on the magnet once it was over the metal. that seemed to work great. all other metal detectors are way more expensive, i am not sure why since the technology is very simple. this one works great, especially if you are the kiond of person that only needs it every once in a while and the more expensive ones just aren't worth it. By  matt "matt" (atlanta)

I doubt the quality when I saw the price. I decided to give it a try since it is offered at amazon and I never had problem returning if I don't like it. The metal detector turns out to be much better than I thought. It can detect very tiny metal hidden on the floor. I bought a couple more again. By  cal rieschard

I research all my purchases throughly on the web and I always read the reviews on Amazon. I found excellent reviews for the American Hawk metal detector and took a chance on it as it did not have name recognition nor was it hyped by Norm or any body else but boy does it deliver the goods! It was half the price of the wizard with a lifetime warranty. I bought it to work with reclaimed lumber (nails) cuz planer blades and the like are expensive and a pain to change, well I set the lumber on a set of metal saw horses and could not figure out why I was getting false readings. Well I was not getting false readings the detector would pick up the the metal saw horse through 3" of wood! This would occur as I approached within a few inches of the saw horse laterally and I finally figured out the tool was working better than I expected. Excellent performance and a very reasonable price thumbs up to American Hawk. Larry I need my sawdust fix. By  Lawrence Blanchard "Larry Sawdust" (MASS)

This seems to be an entry-level product with the low price. The truth is, this metal detector is far beyond my expection. The best thing I like about this is the ear plug. This is the only one available in the market with this price range. By  Len Eirich

I got this for my dad. He uses old wood to make a lot of stuffs. There were cases when the nail inside the wood broke the knifes he uses to carve. I just thought this metal detector might help. It is so cheap compared with other brand. My dad told me this one worked great for him. By  Tamala Wolters

It seems to be a pretty sensitive detector. I want to reuse some expensive old wood but don't want to torn up blade or jointer knife. I read the first review and decided to give it a try. It turns out my decision is right. By  TJ Thompson

Before you buy search in the internet and read some review of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment